Monday 17 September 2012

Poor student, Poor effort.

I've been living in my flat for over a week now and I am ashamed to say that my cooking's been pretty non-existent. In a bid to avoid having too many dishes to wash up I've been eating out or making sandwiches and salads.

It actually took me forty-five minutes the other day to decide whether to use bacon or ham in a sandwich; I wanted bacon more but then I had to wash up the frying pan (the horror!) whereas ham I could've just plonked straight onto the bread. After much arguing with myself I did eventually decide on bacon... although somehow, my boyfriend ended up washing the frying pan...

So, whilst flicking through Jamie Oliver's magazine I saw the section "How to be a healthy student" (he probably wrote it specifically for me... one day we'll get married). One of the pages is entitled "Tray Bakes", basically, you just shove a bunch of ingredients onto a baking tray and bake them all together. Such an obvious idea. And only one tray, one plate and some cutlery to wash up.

I'm now determined to try at least this - even if I don't yet tackle any cooking that involves more dishes to wash up (I will eventually, I promise). The pepper, courgette, aubergine and halloumi idea has taken my fancy.

So hopefully, next time I write I'll have some recipes for you, along with proof that I do actually cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment