Wednesday 19 December 2012

Little time, Little money.

Okay, so, admittedly I’m not always the best at getting my five-a-day and eating proper meals. I have, perhaps, been known to have a bacon and egg sandwich in the morning and then eggy-bread (French toast) for dinner (variety is the spice of life, I know). But apparently eating well when you lack both time and money isn’t actually that difficult! (I did have to get my mum to help me out with this, I’d probably tell you to order a Domino’s pizza every night.)

So let’s start off with a list of must haves for the kitchen, to make sure you’re prepared for those nights when you have stacks of work to do and very little in your purse:

Foil freezer trays
Tin foil
Tins of chopped tomatoes, baked beans, soups, chick peas
Cereals (avoid the high sugar ones!)
Rice
Pasta
Cous cous
Lentils
Bottle of lemon juice (saves lemons going mouldy!)
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar / glaze
Pitta breads (freeze pop straight into the toaster)
Eggs, cheese, milk, bacon

Make sure you keep your basics stocked up so that you’re always able to cook up something nice!

Quick meal suggestions to follow… (Mum will again be a main contributor to this post. Mum knows best.)

No comments:

Post a Comment